Monday, December 26, 2022

 Soul Party Vol 10 - Ride Your Pony

01. Lee Dorsey - Ride Your Pony                               
02. Barbara Lynn - You'll Lose A Good Thing                   
03. Otis Redding - Respect                                    
04. Wilson Pickett - In The Midnight Hour                     
05. Little Anthony & The Imperials - Goin' Out Of My Head     
06. Little Johnny Taylor - All I Want Is You                  
07. Billy Stewart - Summertime                                
08. Bobby Marchan - What Can I Do                             
09. Isaac 'Redd' Holt Unlimited - Flo                         
10. Percy Milem - I Don't Know What You've Got But It's Got Me
11. Sam Cooke - You Send Me                                   
12. James & Bobby Purify - I'm Your Puppet                    
13. Latimore - Long Distance Love                             
14. Latimore - Keep The Home Fire Burning                     
15. Johnny Adams - Share Your Love With Me                    
16. Johnny Adams - Nothing Takes The Place Of You             
17. Johnny Adams - Selfish                                    
18. Johnny Adams - Stand By Me                                
19. Mavis Staples - The Old Songs                             
20. Dionne Warwick - Don't Make Me Over

11 comments:

  1. Very Nice selection Bob Lots of goodies, Thanks, Mike. Now we all need a holiday to get over the holiday, hummmm!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mike, glad you liked it, hope you had a nice Christmas, ours was enjoyable but very low key.

      Delete
  2. Great Soul Party Vol 10,Thank You Very Much Bob Mac

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anghellic67, glad you enjoyed it, thanks for letting me know.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for Number 10 Bob Mac and take it easy after Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Bob,
    interested to hear Bobby Marchan - "What Can I Do". The only thing I've heard of him was "Get Down With It" which I used to play back in the day. Also Percy Milem - "I Don't Know What You've Got But It's Got Me". Big fan of Percy (under rated and terrific) but Little Richard's version of this Don Covay gem continues to blow me away. Played it when it came out in 65 and still listen to it today. Have it in My Favourites Folder (which is bursting at the seams). Does Percy beat that? Also re the pic of Art Pepper, just finished "Straight Life" Art Peppers life story on my e-reader (yes I'm a techno-fogue!). Interesting but sad read. The flip side of creativity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Albert and thanks for your interesting comment. I haven't read much about Art Pepper but know he had a tough life and was in and out of jail. Little Richard sure was a powerful singer, I saw him live once in the early 70s...great fun show, he was an outstanding entertainer.

      Delete
  5. Hey Bob, You should definitely read Straight Life. When I first read it I wasn't that familiar with Art's music but after reading it I became a fan - I haven't heard any album of his that I didn't like. For being a junkie for so long & spending so much time in prison he made a lot of great music.
    Also, as much as I love Lee Dorsey & Ride Your Pony, I really love Betty Harris' version. And love anything by Johnny Adams.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete