Wednesday, October 11, 2023

 Assorted Hillbilly & Country Recordings Vol 89

The Carters, Cash & Friends

Plus Buster Williams Quintet - Somewhere Along The Way (1996) a jazz album that somehow ended up in the same folder. There's no point in me removing it now, so consider it a bonus.

01. The Carter Family - Keep On The Sunny Side 
02. Sara & Maybelle Carter - The Foggy Mountain Top 
03. Sara & Maybelle Carter - Lonesome Pine Special 
04. The Stanley Brothers - Wildwood Flower 
05. Anita Carter - All My Trials 
06. Anita Carter - I've Been Loving You Too Long 
07. Johnny Cash & The Carter Family - Where Did We Go Right 
08. Johnny Cash, Carter Family & Statler Brothers - I See Men As Trees Walking
09. June Carter Cash - Ring Of Fire 
10. Rosanne Cash - Seven Year Ache 
11. Carlene Carter - Hurricane 
12. Shelby Lynne - Will The Circle Be Unbroken 
13. The Church Of Cash - Orange Blossom Special 
14. Hank Williams III - Wreck Of The Old '97 
15. Keith Whitley & Ricky Skaggs - Wildwood Flower 
16. Johnny Cash - The Junkie And The Juicehead 
17. Johnny Cash & Jack Routh - The Greatest Cowboy Of Them All 
18. Johnny Cash & Waylon Jennings - There Ain't No Good Chain Gang 
19. Carl Perkins - Old Number One 
20. Carl Perkins - My Old Home Town 

17 comments:

  1. Thank you for this one Bob. In my opinion one of the best yet in this excellent series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Done4it, glad you like it. I feel myself that many of these compilations have become better since I started compiling them around specific themes.

      Delete
  2. Thanks so much, Bob! ( ´ ▽ ` )๏พ‰

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Bob for Buster Williams Quintet, which although it's not my favorite thing, I still have to be grateful ๐Ÿ˜‰

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Where did you hear Buster Williams Quintet?

      Delete
    2. Actually I have heard little :)
      The thing is that along with Assorted Hillbilly & Country Recordings Vol 89 was "Somewhere Along The Way" ๐Ÿ˜Š

      Delete
    3. Hi Persistente Concha, for a while there I couldn't understand what you meant but I just checked. Somehow that Buster Williams album, that I d/l from a jazz blog, mistakenly found it's way into the Assorted Hillbilly & Country Recordings Vol 89 folder. Oh well, consider it a bonus. :-)

      Delete
  4. You can NEVER go wrong posting the Man in Black!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Bob , I had seen JC many times on his visits to Aust. Used to play nothing else for years and it used to annoy the cook so one day she said, you pick a good JC album cause it's going in the box with you when you die so you can listen to it for eternity, hardly play him anymore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ted, I only saw JC once, at the WACA in the early 70s, with Carl Perkins & Mother Maybelle & the sisters...fabulous show.

      Delete
  6. Thanks Bob, great Comp Music and Artists. Mike. Nice Pic of Johnny before he became The Man in Black.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mike, glad you enjoy it. It was a fun one to put together.

      Delete
  7. Great to hear The Carter Family!

    ReplyDelete