Wednesday, August 28, 2024

ERROR CORRECTED

I just discovered an error in "Assorted Hillbilly & Country Recordings Vol 116", the title track was incorrectly labeled as "Squaws Along The Yukon" by Texas Jim Lewis, in fact this track is "Crawdad Song" by Texas Jim Lewis & His Lone Star Cowboys, which was recorded for Vocalion in 1937. I've had this track for several years now, and have no idea where it came from. While checking around today I came across it on YouTube with the same error (Crawdad Song mistitled as Squaws Along The Yukon) so this error has been spread elsewhere. Anyway, I have now corrected this. The track has been retitled as "Crawdad Song" and I've modified the album artwork with the new title. "You Get A Line And I'll Get A Pole" is the opening line, as well as an alternate title for "Crawdad Song". A new link is below, so please delete the previous download of  Assorted Hillbilly & Country Recordings Vol 116 and replace it with this corrected copy.


Assorted Hillbilly & Country Recordings Vol 116

Hillbilly Special Vol 02 - You Get A Line And I'll Get A Pole


01. Texas Jim Lewis & His Lone Star Cowboys - Crawdad Song
02. J.E. Mainer's Mountaineers - Lost Indian 
03. The Coon Creek Girls - Darling, Six Months Ain't Long 
04. Arthur Miles - The Lonely Cowboy 
05. Pat Patterson & His Missouri Hillbillies - Mister Hillbilly 
06. The Pine Mountain Boys - She Wouldn't Be Still 
07. Pauline Parker & Marilyn Kaye & The Texarkana Hillbillies - Love Fever 
08. Kenny Brown & The Arkansas Ramblers - Passing Fancy 
09. Hugh Roden & Roy Rodgers - Chicken In The Garden 
10. Don Reno & Bill Harrell & The Tennesse Cut-Ups - I'm A Man Of Constant Sorrow 
11. Freeny's Barn Dance Band - Croquet Habits 
12. Hartman's Heart Breakers - No Huggin' Or Kissin' 
13. M.S. Dillehay - Mother-In-Law 
14. Theodore Wilburn With The Wilburn Family - Down In Dixie Where They Say You-All
15. Hubert Friar & Hillbilly Hicks - Joe's Mandolin Boogie 
16. The Williamson Brothers - Lonesome Road Blues 
17. Oscar & Doc Harper - Beaumont Rag 
18. Jimmie Davis - She's A Hum Dum Dinger From Dingersville 
19. Hugh Friar & The Virginia Vagabonds - I Can't Stay Mad At You 
20. Prince Albert Hunt's Texas Ramblers - Traveling Man

https://mega.nz/file/jCoTSDQR#s0mRvB8aueNSudu7GDlEf2UNYp1CP4wQdieukALt1Ks


30 comments:

  1. Thanks Bob, I do have a soft spot for Hillbilly Music! Mike.🤩

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mike, me too, it's a fairly recent interest with me but I've really been getting into those old guys from the hills.

      Delete
  2. Thanx Bob - 2 weeks ago you asked for feedback if the downloads work o'k being Private... for me, never missed a beat, works like a charm! Maybe I'll head up to Alaska and check out some of these Yukon Squaws.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi moze, yep all is running well now. There are quite a few rare oldies in this one.

      Delete
  3. Great, with a lot of western Swing! Thank you, Bob

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, it's a good 'un, glad you enjoy it. 😁

      Delete
  4. Thanks Bob, Sure some oldies on here I've never heard of before so gonna really enjoy this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ted, yes lots of oldies and rare recordings here. Glad you enjoy the series.

      Delete
  5. Popped back to your blog a few minutes ago, Bob. Just reached where you mention your birthday, a couple of weeks back. Sure you had a good day & enjoyed the 5 day trip with your wife. Read you had a problem with your blog but have now made some alteration. A pest, eh? As Chuck Berry often sung, "It Wasn't Me, Bob"! All the best. Trevor from sunny Toulon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Trevor, always good to hear from you. I had a very nice birthday and we had a good time in Pattaya. There was a bit of an issue, some anonymous wanker targeted me, but it seems to be over now. It seems like it was from someone connected to another blog.

      Delete
  6. Some hardcore hillbilly stuff here lol. Lots of new ones for me. Thanks Bob

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Bob. I am looking forward to hearing some of these titles by different artists than the ones I am familiar with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Wayne, hope you got the corrected copy with a new link.

      Delete
  8. Thanks a lot Bob for the new corrected link
    😊

    ReplyDelete
  9. Got it Bob!! Thanks Mike.👍

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Bob, Am I the only one who downloaded "Rockabilly & Early Rock'N'Roll Recordings Vol. 78, only to find the songs must not have "registered"(?) and no songs downloaded? Trevor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Trevor, whatever happened is entirely at your end. Quite a few others have downloaded it without any problem, and I just tested it now and downloaded it to my phone in a few seconds, and opened it and played a few songs. So some issues at your end mate. All I can say is try again, maybe use another browser.

      Delete
  11. Hello Bob! I see you've made the blog public again! Excellent ! I had the experience of making a blog private years ago and the truth is that it didn't work... my personal idea is that music is for sharing and one is just a vehicle... I wouldn't encourage accusing someone for sharing an album that I did nothing more than get it from another site... and I ignore those who think nonsense! I hope you're well !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi La Autoridad Del Rock, nice to hear from you. Yes, I switched back to public, just hope the anonymous troll has had his bit of fun and pissed off for good. I agree the music is for sharing, I like to reach as many as possible.

      Delete
  12. Thanks again Bob, I did get the right one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Mr Mac:
      Thank you for this one... really enjoying these old boys.

      Delete
    2. Cheers Moezeke, good to know you enjoy it.

      Delete