Saturday, March 18, 2023

 The Daily Chat

A chatbox where we can post comments and have discussions on artists & songs. However, if you just want to say thank you for a particular post then please continue using the usual comment box located below each post.

Even though I've stated that no officially released albums would be posted here, only my home-made compilations, I've now decided to expand things a bit. So to create more interest and variety in the blog, I'm going to be regularly posting albums. However, I won't be posting new releases, but old, odd, rare, hard to find, interesting, curious albums. One such album, and the one I've selected to get the ball rolling is Patrick Sky's "Songs That Made America Famous".

Songs That Made America Famous is the fifth album by Patrick Sky, released on Adelphi Records in 1973. Sky recorded the album in 1971 but had difficulty finding a label to release it, as the satirical lyrics are explicit. 

The lyrics may well have been "explicit" in 1971/73, but in 2023 it's kinda mind boggling that anyone would record such an album, and any label would release it for the general public. 

But the main reason I've chosen this album to share is I listened to it again, just prior to my Laos holiday, and the entire time I was in Laos I couldn't get the song "Luang Prabang" out of my head. It was with me every step of the way. Thankfully, I came back from Luang Prabang fully intact. 😂

Rockabilly & Early Rock & Roll Recordings, now up to Volume 24, gives you 20 great tracks from Vince Taylor, Werly Fairburn, Elvis Presley, Conway Twitty, Wanda Jackson, Carl Mann, Sonny Fisher, Ronnie Self, plus a few other well-knowns and lesser-knowns.

And Assorted Blues, R&B, Gospel & Soul Recordings Volume 18 (1949-1993): 21 tracks from Lowell Fulson, Hop Wilson, Guitar Crusher, Kid Thomas, Billy Garner, Willie Hobbs, plus some Zydeco/blues from Buckwheat Zydeco, along with some jazzy/blues from Johnny Hodges, Wild Bill Davis, Grant Green, Richard Groove Holmes. And a great rocking track from Big Bill Broonzy "Little City Woman", recorded in Chicago for Chess in 1953, with Washboard Sam & Earnest "Big" Crawford on bass.


Enjoy my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment