Wednesday, May 31, 2023


Had a serious computer disaster last night. Looks like I'll be busy for the next couple of days sorting the mess out and recovering as much as I can. So no more posts until I get to the other side of this mess.

Post Mortem

While attempting to replace my C Drive with a system image last night, everything that could go wrong went wrong, and I ended up losing pretty well everything. Fortunately I have pretty well everything backed up over a dozen or so ext HDDs, so it's not a total disaster as I have copies of all my digital photos & docs & other personal data.

The good news is Win 10 is now reinstalled and my laptop is running well again.

The bad news for my blog followers is I lost the next month's posts. I did have the folder containing those future compilations backup up but somehow during in last night's fiasco it's vanished off to never-never land never to be seen again.

I have loads of blues/R&B/soul compilations on hand as I've been making them up for decades. I probably have enough of them to keep this blog running for another 2 years. But the jazz, soul party, hillbilly/country, rockabilly, country/pre-war blues compilations get made up in batches as I go along. So, what I had prepared for the coming month is no more. That was 30 days of postings: 1 blues/R&B/soul + 1 other genre, a total of 60 compilations, vanished into thin air.

I'll get around to compiling some more, but that'll take time and it'll be a few weeks at least until this blog gets back into full swing.

In the meantime I'll keep the ball rolling by continuing to post the blues/R&B/soul compilations, and perhaps a few old LPs from my collection.

 



14 comments:

  1. good luck on the recovery - I feel your pain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let us know if there is anything we can do to help (eg if you've lost any of the collections posted) and if you need to try to recover a drive I've found 'Disk Genius' can help a lot. I've recently revived two drives that had done a 'Snow White' (ie gone into perpetual sleep mode) using DG and am using it to recover a drive that's configuration has been totally corrupted

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you get back to normal soon, hope you don´t lose anything, i know when i had an external go, i lost so much music, good luck Reb

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is my nightmare Bob Mac, I hope you will be able to recover everything

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry to hear about your computer troubles -- hope you're able to recover in as pain-free a manner as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh bad luck, Bob! Happened to me a few times. Hope your up and running again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry for your troubles, and I hope you will be able to sort everything out. Thank you and take care!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sending positive vibes so you can resolve things satisfactorily. And please, let me know if I can be of any help. I remain at your entire disposal.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ¡𝙃𝙤𝙡𝙖 𝘽𝙤𝙗 𝙈𝙖𝙘!
    𝘾𝙤𝙣𝙩𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙤 𝙙𝙚 𝙨𝙖𝙗𝙚𝙧 𝙦𝙪𝙚 𝙥𝙖𝙧𝙩𝙚 𝙙𝙚𝙡 𝙙𝙚𝙨𝙖𝙨𝙩𝙧𝙚, 𝙙𝙚 𝙖𝙡𝙜𝙪𝙣𝙖 𝙢𝙖𝙣𝙚𝙧𝙖, 𝙨𝙚 𝙨𝙤𝙡𝙫𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙖 𝙥𝙤𝙘𝙤 𝙖 𝙥𝙤𝙘𝙤 𝙮 𝙦𝙪𝙚 𝙚𝙡 𝙧𝙚𝙨𝙩𝙤,, 𝙨𝙤𝙡𝙤 𝙚𝙨 𝙘𝙪𝙚𝙨𝙩𝙞𝙤́𝙣 𝙙𝙚 𝙥𝙖𝙘𝙞𝙚𝙣𝙘𝙞𝙖 𝙮 𝙩𝙧𝙖𝙗𝙖𝙟𝙤, 𝙤𝙢𝙞𝙩𝙞𝙙𝙤 𝙡𝙤 𝙥𝙚𝙧𝙙𝙞𝙙𝙤 𝙥𝙖𝙧𝙖 𝙨𝙞𝙚𝙢𝙥𝙧𝙚 𝙟𝙖𝙢𝙖́𝙨.
    𝙏𝙖𝙢𝙗𝙞𝙚́𝙣 𝙦𝙪𝙞𝙚𝙧𝙤 𝙥𝙖𝙧𝙩𝙞𝙘𝙞𝙥𝙖𝙧 𝙙𝙚 𝙚𝙨𝙩𝙚 𝙞𝙣𝙘𝙞𝙙𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙚, 𝙥𝙖𝙧𝙖 𝙩𝙤𝙢𝙖𝙧 𝙣𝙤𝙩𝙖 𝙮 𝙖𝙫𝙞𝙨𝙖𝙧𝙣𝙤𝙨, 𝙦𝙪𝙚 𝙩𝙖𝙢𝙗𝙞𝙚́𝙣 𝙣𝙤𝙨 𝙥𝙪𝙚𝙙𝙚 𝙤𝙘𝙪𝙧𝙧𝙞𝙧 𝙖 𝙩𝙤𝙙@ 𝙮 𝙞𝙣𝙞𝙘𝙞𝙖𝙧, 𝙦𝙪𝙞𝙯𝙖́𝙨, 𝙪𝙣𝙖 𝙘𝙖𝙢𝙥𝙖𝙣̃𝙖 𝙙𝙚 𝙘𝙤𝙥𝙞𝙖𝙨 𝙙𝙚 𝙨𝙚𝙜𝙪𝙧𝙞𝙙𝙖𝙙, 𝙙𝙚 𝙩𝙤𝙙𝙤 𝙡𝙤 𝙦𝙪𝙚 𝙖𝙥𝙧𝙚𝙘𝙞𝙖𝙢𝙤𝙨 𝙮 𝙖 𝙢𝙚𝙧𝙘𝙚𝙙 𝙙𝙚 𝙡𝙖𝙨 "𝙞𝙣𝙘𝙡𝙚𝙢𝙚𝙣𝙘𝙞𝙖𝙨" 𝙙𝙚 𝙡𝙖 𝙤𝙗𝙨𝙤𝙡𝙚𝙨𝙘𝙚𝙣𝙘𝙞𝙖 𝙥𝙧𝙤𝙜𝙧𝙖𝙢𝙖𝙙𝙖.
    𝙀𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙧𝙖𝙣𝙙𝙤, 𝙦𝙪𝙚 𝙩𝙤𝙙𝙤 𝙨𝙚𝙖 𝙥𝙖𝙧𝙖 𝙥𝙧𝙤𝙫𝙚𝙘𝙝𝙤 𝙮 𝙦𝙪𝙚 𝙨𝙞𝙜𝙖 𝙡𝙖 𝙈𝙪́𝙨𝙞𝙘𝙖, ♪♫ 𝙎𝙖𝙡𝙪𝟮, 𝙈𝙞𝙘𝙝𝙚𝙡. 🖖😎

    Hi Bob Mac!
    Happy to know that part of the disaster, somehow, is solved little by little and that the rest is just a matter of patience and work, omitting what is lost forever and ever.
    I also want to participate in this incident, to take note and let us know, that it can also happen to all of us and start, perhaps, a backup campaign, of everything we appreciate and at the mercy of the "inclemencies" of planned obsolescence.
    Hoping that everything is for the best and that the Music continues, ♪♫ Regards, Cheers & Respect, Michel. 🖖😎

    ReplyDelete
  10. Try not to stress out too much from computer crash. Take all the time you need to recover.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad to hear you have backups. I HATE computers and I worked as a tech in IT for 25 years. Don't get me wrong. They have made our lives easier, but they have also complicated them as well when they decide to not function properly. They are the incarnation of the devil at times.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Bob, I know the feeling of losing computer files. I thought mine had gone south with my entire D-drive a while back, but was able to recover it a few days later. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Terrible news Bob! ..... this is why i still have CRATES ( 40+ ) full of cd's as i just don't trust hard drives even with back up's. I know you put much time and effort into your blog and i do appreciate all you do for the community ........thank you

    ReplyDelete
  14. Best thoughts for your current worries.

    ReplyDelete