Monday, June 19, 2023

 The Daily Chat

A chatbox where we can post comments and have discussions on artists & songs. However, if you just want to say thank you for a particular post then please continue using the usual comment box located below each post.

Today's Assorted Best Of Jazz, now at Volume 38, serves you up 'A Handful Of Great Female Jazz Singers'. A total of 25 great tracks featuring the very best of female jazz singers. Here today for your listening pleasure you'll find Billie Holiday, Ella Fitzgerald, Dinah Washington, Peggy Lee, Sarah Vaughan, Lena Horn, Carmen McRae, and several other greats of the genre.

And continuing with our Assorted Blues, R&B, Gospel & Soul Recordings, now at Volume 98, are 21 tracks from 1950 to 2019 by Little Richard, Dave Bartholomew, Memphis Slim, Smiley Lewis, Leroy Taylor, plus a few lesser-known artists like the blind Tennessee pianist/singer Lost John Hunter, who was recorded by Sam Phillips at 706 Union Avenue, Memphis in May 1950. Lost John recorded 2 singles, that were issued on the 4-Star Records label. He was accompanied by his 'Blind Bats', an unknown trio of guitar, bass & drums. Following these sessions Lost John Hunter vanished from the local music scene.

I've had some feedback from a few of you that Kraken Files (KF) has been slowing down. This is also my experience when I d/l from other blogs. So I'll cease using KF after today. I'm going to try using MEGA which is lighting fast, but it does have limits, so we'll see how that goes. Also I'll continue using Imagenetz which seems OK.

As always my friends, dig in and enjoy the music.

2 comments:

  1. Bob, thanks for the switch to Mega. The Kraken d/s were literally taking hour sometimes to complete. I've never had a problem with Mega.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, KF started off nice and speedy but in recent times it did take hours to download. I may not use MEGA for long as there are limits unless I pay, and I don't want to start spending money to run this blog as there's nothing coming in. But I'll soon try pixeldrain, that's free, fast, and the links stay active for a long time.

      Delete