Wednesday, August 23, 2023

 The Daily Chat

A chatbox where we can post comments and have discussions on artists & songs. However, if you just want to say thank you for a particular post then please continue using the usual comment box located below each post.

Here are today's posts for your listening pleasure. 

Assorted Recordings - Blues, R&B, Soul & Gospel Vol 24. And Soul Party Vol 53 - Without Love What Would Life Be.

I don't like to bring this up but comments have been few and far between lately. Since starting this blog I've never checked the numbers of downloads and compared them to the number of comments. But this morning I did just that and the results reflect badly on many of you. Here are just 3 that I randomly checked:

Assorted Recordings - Blues, R&B, Soul & Gospel Vol 23: 20 downloads/2 comments.

Assorted Recordings - Blues, R&B, Soul & Gospel Vol 21: 21 downloads/1 comment.

Assorted Recordings - Blues, R&B, Soul & Gospel Vol 18: 20 downloads/3 comments.

So remember these music-sharing blogs need comments, feedback, and a certain amount of activity. Your inputs energize the blogs. The least you can do in return for all the time and work and expertise we put into giving you free music is say thanks and post some regular comments. 

Also a major change has been made. As you all know this is a private blog. I chose to go private because 1) I didn't want to see my compilations getting nicked and up for sale elsewhere. And 2) I just can't be bothered dealing with keyboard warriors and anonymous dickheads. However, I've decided to give the public a go and last night I changed the blog settings to public and sent a few messages around announcing that the blog is now open to one and all. Hopefully we'll see more activity and none of the dickheads. Of course if going public backfires on me in any way then I'll revert back to private members only.

Now that this blog is public all music fans are welcome here, therefore feel free to spread the word around your friends and share the blog address.

https://countrybluessoul.blogspot.com/

Anyway my friends. Dig in. Dig the great music here. And don't forget to take a few seconds to post those comments.

17 comments:

  1. Hey Bob, I hope you are well. Since this now is a free for all blog, I do not wish to see the latest Live album that I`ve sent you on here. This album was meant to be for a small audience only and not for the world to grab. Thank you. Maren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bob
    I have just started a private blog sharing all forms of Reggae, not sure if it's your thing too or not. https://rebelrootsmusic.blogspot.com/
    Anyway if your interested the email me at rebel-roots-music@proton.me
    Respect Reb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Reb, thanks for your invite. Myself I'm not seriously into Reggae, though I do like a few songs by Bob Marley & some Peter Tosh. However, I'll leave your post here and maybe some of my blog regulars will contact you. All the best with your new blog.

      Regards, Bob Mac.

      Delete
    2. Hi Bob
      Yeah thats fine, have about 20 members to date for a week thats not too bad, yeah any of your readers that are interested are welcome, will be first come first served

      Delete
    3. Can they add that they are members here when they apply thanks

      Delete
    4. 𝙄 𝙖𝙒 π™žπ™£π™©π™šπ™§π™šπ™¨π™©π™šπ™™, π™¨π™šπ™£π™™ π™’π™–π™žπ™‘. ♪♫ π™π™šπ™œπ™–π™§π™™π™¨, π˜Ύπ™π™šπ™šπ™§π™¨, π™π™šπ™¨π™₯π™šπ™˜π™© & 𝙅𝙖𝙝 π˜½π™‘π™šπ™¨π™¨ πŸ™, π™ˆπ™žπ™˜π™π™šπ™‘. πŸ––πŸ˜Ž

      Delete
    5. yeah sent you an invite, check your inbox and spam

      Delete
  3. Bob, I have posted comments from time to time when I felt it was necessary. Please be assured that I appreciate all of the work you put into your blog. I don't care for soul or gospel so I would never comment on those posts. I also think that just saying tank you for every post just to have a comment is redundant and has no meaning. Hopefully, your decision to go public works well for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi JakeBlues, you're a long term regular here and I appreciate your frequent comments.

      Delete
  4. It´s strange not having to log into your site Bob

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck in going public, Bob. I'm sure it will be popular as much of this music is not easily available elsewhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Mike, already we have more activity going on here.

      Delete
  6. Bob, I've seen your name on various blogs many times & saw on one of them that you were starting a private blog but I've never joined a private blog so I didn't bother. When I saw that you had gone public I put your address in my favorites & now have finally explored your site (and commented on some posts) - a lot of great music. Thanks for all the time & work spent on your comps.

    ReplyDelete