Tuesday, January 16, 2024

 Assorted Best Of Jazz Vol 59 - Door Of The Cosmos

01. Sun Ra - Door Of The Cosmos 
02. Pharoah Sanders - Astral Traveling 
03. Alice Coltrane & Pharoah Sanders - Journey In Satchidananda
04. Alice Coltrane - Transcendence 
05. Gary Bartz - Funked Up 
06. Gil Scott-Heron - The Revolution Will Not Be Televised 
07. John Medeski - Beeah 
08. Byron Lee & The Ska Kings - Watermelon Man Ska 
09. Bengt Hallberg - Triumvirate 
10. Chick Corea Elektric Band - Rumble 
11. The Headhunters - Funk Hunter 
12. Dzambo Agusevi Orchestra - Macedonian Nightcrawler 
13. Return To Forever - Space Circus 
14. Return To Forever - Hymn Of The 7th Galaxy 
15. Janusz Muniak Quintet - Znak Zapytania 
16. Hideo Shiraki Quintet - Matsuri No Genzo 
17. Gil Evans - Bulbs 
18. Baden Powell - Sarava 
19. Eddie Jefferson - Psychedelic Sally 
20. The Merits - Arabian Jerk

4 comments:

  1. Thanks Bob for this nice set. I usually pass on Jazz, but there are some good memories of listening to these trax in the early 70s. I bought the Alice Cotraine album when it came out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi tsi&hrjs, I'm not mad about jazz myself, but getting more into it as the years go by, usually I like the bop jazz, but I thought I'd put this one together, I think of it as "the far out jazz" some weird stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, good title. This comp definitely has more out there stuff. Lots of it new to me.

      Delete
    2. Hi Mike, yep some weird but interesting stuff going on in this one.

      Delete