Thursday, January 18, 2024

 Assorted Hillbilly & Country Recordings Vol 98

Brothers & Sisters Vol 1

01. Maddox Brothers & Rose - Midnight Train 
02. Maddox Brothers & Rose - Texas Guitar Stomp 
03. The York Brothers - Motor City Boogie 
04. The Carter Brothers & Son - Old Jaw Bone 
05. The Gibson Brothers - I Found A Church Today 
06. The Jacoby Brothers - Alone Tonight 
07. The Davis Sisters - I Forgot More Than You’ll Ever Know 
08. The Dinning Sisters - Bury Me Not On The Lone Prairie 
09. The Dinning Sisters & Rob Atcher - Christmas Island 
10. The Nettle Sisters & The Rodeo Tune Wranglers - Real Gone Jive
11. The Stanley Brothers - Trust Each Other 
12. The Van Brothers - Servant Of Love 
13. The Louvin Brothers - Knoxville Girl 
14. The Bayou Brothers - Lord, I'm Coming To Heaven 
15. The Delmore Brothers - Freight Train Boogie 
16. The Armstrong Twins - Beetle With The Boogie Woogie Beat 
17. The Delmore Brothers - Heartbreak Ridge 
18. The Wilburn Brothers - Which One Is To Blame 
19. The Ray Brothers - Got The Jake Leg Too 
20. The Pickering Brothers - The Only Bridge I Never Burned 

15 comments:

  1. Hillbilly Brothers & Sisters made me think of a question: If a married couple from Tennessee move to California and get a Divorce, are they still legally Brother & Sister?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you've been married 3 times and always had the same mother-in-law you just might be a redneck.

      Delete
  2. Thanks Bob, nuther good un. Mike. 🤣

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Bob, I always look forward to your country posts as I learn something from all. You sure come up with folks I never heard of and that's great. All the best cobber.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another great volume of a fantastic series, thank you Bob.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 'Knoxville Girl', classic murder ballad and one of the Louvin Brothers' best. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. track 14. I'm Coming To Heaven reminds me of Jim Kweskin and the Jug Band sound... sure would like Jug Band comp in the future Mr Mac.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Moezeke, I've made a Jug & Washboard band compilation in the Country Blues series, it'll be posted in a month or two.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Moezeke... thanks Mr Mac, I'll be waiting on the front stoop.

    ReplyDelete