Thursday, May 25, 2023

 Ike Turner & Tina Turner - Bold Soul Sister 

The Best Of The Blue Thumb Recordings (Hip-O HIPD-40051)

01. Bold Soul Sister               
02. I've Been Loving You Too Long  
03. 3 O'clock In The Morning Blues 
04. You Don't Love Me (Yes, I Know)
05. I Smell Trouble                
06. Please Love Me                 
07. Mean Old World                 
08. Dust My Broom                  
09. Early In The Morning           
10. Crazy 'bout You Baby           
11. Reconsider Baby                
12. Rock Me Baby                   
13. Five Long Years                
14. I Am A Motherless Child        
15. Honest I Do                    
16. The Hunter

12 comments:

  1. A big loss for sure ......thanks for the share Bob

    ReplyDelete
  2. Much appreciated, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for this one Bob some nice gritty R&B. I would call her the Queen of R&B (as we used the term in the 50's and 60's. Later she became a Pop icon, certainly not Rock.

    No matter what title is used she always took a fine picture!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing this compilation with us, Bob.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Bob, rest in peace Tina.

    ReplyDelete
  6. cabledogg2, Mike, Frank, tsi&hrjs, Yara, Done4it, many thanks for your comments guys, I particularly like the Blue Thumb sessions that were recorded in 1969. I missed out seeing Ike & Tina show when they toured Australia in the mid 1970s. I was a starving art student at the time and there was a Rick Wakeman concert on the same week as I&T, I couldn't afford tickets to both shows and friends of mine convinced me to go to the Wakeman show. I was bored stiff at the Wakeman concert and regretted missing I&T, and to this day I continue to kick myself. I think about a year later I&T split up so there was never a chance to see them again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Bob Mac For The Tina Turner Album (R.I.P Tina)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cheers Anghellic67, glad you like the album.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for these!
    a great loss and a lot of sadness!
    The pieces with Albert Collins (The hunter album) are some of my favorites from Tina

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really liked The Hunter & Outta Season (that cover!) - I don't think they got that good of reviews because they were blues covers lps. I loved Ike & Tina but never really cared about Tina solo. Still a sad loss though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tommy, yes I didn't care that much for Tina's solo stuff after she split from Ike. It was more pop music to me and I didn't have much interest.

      Delete