Sunday, January 29, 2023

 Very Best Of Blues, R&B, Soul & Gospel Recordings Vol 06 (1945-2020)

01. Percy Sledge - Love Me Tender (1966)                             
02. Percy Sledge - Misty Morning (2004)                              
03. Andre Williams & The Inspirations - I Still Love You (1958)      
04. Paulette McWilliams - Dancin' (1976)                             
05. The Clovers - Little Mama (1956)                                 
06. Billy Ray Charles - Blues Attitude (2020)                        
07. Billy Ray Charles - Sweet, Black & Hot (2000)                    
08. Billy Ray Charles - Shakin' My Shaker (2020)                     
09. The Cookies - Chains (1962)                                      
10. Lonesome Sundown - Hoo Doo Woman Blues (1964)                    
11. Brook Benton - Hurtin' Inside (1959)                             
12. Arthur Big Boy Crudup - My Baby Left Me (1950)                   
13. J.B. Lenoir - Mojo Boogie (1960)                                 
14. Hop Wilson & His Orchestra - My Woman Has A Black Cat Bone (1960)
15. The Wrens - Come Back My Love (1955)                             
16. The Wrens - Beggin' For Love (1955)                              
17. Billy Emerson - When It Rains It Pours (1955)                    
18. Eddie Riff - Ain't That Loving You Baby (1956)                    
19. James 'Beale Street' Clark - Look Over Yonder's Wall (1945)      
20. Hound Dog Taylor - Christine (1962)

7 comments:

  1. Thanks Bob Mac for Volume 1-6 of this series. I made a bigger comment on the Daily Chat about some dead links (there are more I guess especially older imagenetz files).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Little Bill, I don't know what happened with those links, however, I just don't have the time to updated a huge number of links, I can do a couple if requested but numerous dead links will take me a very long time, and I'm a bit flat out at the moment, even just doing the regular blog consumes a whole lotta time. But thanks for alerting me about this.

      Delete
  2. 𝑻𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒌 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒚 "𝙈𝙞𝙘𝙝" 𝙁𝙤𝙧 𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝟲 𝙑𝙚𝙧𝙮 𝘽𝙚𝙨𝙩 𝙊𝙛 𝘽𝙡𝙪𝙚𝙨, 𝙍&𝘽, 𝙎𝙤𝙪𝙡 & 𝙂𝙤𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙡 𝙍𝙚𝙘𝙤𝙧𝙙𝙞𝙣𝙜𝙨. ♪♫ 𝙍𝙚𝙜𝙖𝙧𝙙𝙨, 𝘾𝙝𝙚𝙚𝙧𝙨 & 𝙍𝙚𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙘𝙩, 𝙈𝙞𝙘𝙝𝙚𝙡. 🖖😎

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Bob, there are a few new to me Artists on this one, Billy Ray Charles -Hop Wilson & His Orchestra - Lonesome Sundown, looking forward to hearing them. Mike.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mike: Billy Ray Charles a fine Louisiana soul artist, Hop Wilson was from Texas, one of the few bluesmen who played the steel guitar, Lonesome Sundown, was one of the big Excello swamp blues artists, from Crowley, Louisiana. Glad you enjoy the compilations, and get to hear some new artists.

      Delete
  4. One more time a very eclectic compil! Thanks

    ReplyDelete