Thursday, January 19, 2023

 Soul Party Vol 19 - Somebody's Got To Pay

01. Little Johnny Taylor - Somebody's Got To Pay 
02. Little Johnny Taylor - Help Yourself 
03. Little Johnny Taylor - True Love 
04. Larry Williams & Johnny Watson - Too Late 
05. Don Covay & The Goodtimers - See Saw 
06. Gladys Knight & The Pips - Got Myself A Good Man 
07. Etta James - At Last 
08. The Bar-Kays - Soul Finger 
09. The Miracles - Ooo Baby Baby 
10. Willie Mitchell - Who's Making Love 
11. Johnny Adams - Love Letters 
12. Johnny Adams - Georgia Morning Dew 
13. Mavis Staples - It Makes Me Wanna Cry 
14. Doris Troy - What'cha Gonna Do About It 
15. Rhinoceros - Apricot Brandy 
16. Jesse Belvin - Goodnight My Love 
17. Jackie Moore - Make Me Feel Like A Woman 
18. Billy Harner - A Message To My Baby 
19. Chuck Wood - Seven Days Too Long 
20. Isaac Hayes - I'm Gonna Have To Tell Her

9 comments:

  1. Thank you so much Bob Mac, there must be a couple of hard to find tracks here as far as I can tell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Tracklist Bob Mac Love These Comps,Much Appeciated

    ReplyDelete
  3. Little Bill & Anghellic67, thanks for your comments guys, glad you enjoy my compilations...and yes, I do have many rare and hard to find tracks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Bob, some good tunes here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Done4it, glad you enjoyed the compilation.

      Delete
  5. Can't go wrong on a comp with Mavis, Etta James, and Doris Troy, Thanks Bob. Mike.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed Mike, they are/were all mighty fine singers.

      Delete
  6. Thanks Bob for another very nice selection of Soul and R&B. Do you have a rule of thumb for deciding which is which. I certainly won't quibble about one or the other, it's the greatness of the music that matters!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi tsi&hrjs, I'm constantly building compilations as I go along, so I'm adding new suitable tracks all the time, as well as going through my collection. When selecting tracks for a compilation I reject live recordings (unless I'm purposely making a "live" collection) I reject any bad sounding tracks, and I reject tracks that are too loud or too soft, so I'm trying to keep all the tracks in a compilation at about the same volume level.

    ReplyDelete