Saturday, November 26, 2022

 The Best Of Blues, R&B, Soul & Gospel Vol 50 - VA (1952-2006)

01. The Staple Singers - Good News (1967)                                     
02. The Staple Singers - The Weight (1968)                                    
03. Solomon Burke - Down In The Valley (1962)                                 
04. Maxine Brown - All In My Mind (1960)                                      
05. The Shirelles - Dedicated To The One I Love (1959)                        
06. Tarheel Slim & Little Ann - It's Too Late (1959)                          
07. Elmore James - I'm Worried (1960)                                         
08. Little Victor - Loc-A-Li (1954)                                           
09. Willie King - Sweet Potato Man (2006)                                     
10. Linda Martell & The Anglos - A Little Tear Was Falling From My Eyes (1962)
11. Linda Martell & The Anglos - The Things I Do For You (1962)               
12. Etta James - Something's Got A Hold On Me (1962)                          
13. Toots & The Maytals - I Shall Be Free (1968)                              
14. Guitar Slim Green - Scratch My Back (1958)                                
15. Betty Taylor - I'm Going Home (1964)                                      
16. Betty Taylor - You're A Winner (1964)                                     
17. Jimmy McCracklin - She's Gone (1952)                                      
18. Jimmy McCracklin - Let's Do It (1959)                                     
19. Little Johnny Taylor - L.J.T. (1978)                                      
20. Little Johnny Taylor - I Asked Myself A Question (1978)                   
21. Roy Milton - You Got Me Reelin' And Rockin' (1955)                        
22. Mickey Champion - I'm A Woman (1955)

5 comments:

  1. 𝑻𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒌 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒚 "𝙈𝙞𝙘𝙝" 𝙁𝙤𝙧 𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝟱𝟬 𝘽𝙚𝙨𝙩 𝙊𝙛 𝘽𝙡𝙪𝙚𝙨, 𝙍&𝘽, 𝙎𝙤𝙪𝙡 & 𝙂𝙤𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙡. ♪♫ 𝙍𝙚𝙜𝙖𝙧𝙙𝙨 & 𝘾𝙝𝙚𝙚𝙧𝙨, 𝙈𝙞𝙘𝙝𝙚𝙡. 🖖😎

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bob, it's like you can see my browser history (kidding) but i was just looking up Tarheel Slim and i liked what i heard on you tube and here you are including him on this very nice comp!!! so Thank you very much, Mike.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This Is A Great Album Bob Mac Thank You

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mike, it's certainly a different world today from when I first got deeply into blues back decades ago, today one just looks on YT and has a listen, I remember reading about someone, Skip James or Freddie King for example, and then ordering an LP from USA or UK mail order and waiting months for the LP to arrive so I could hear that artist. Life is much easier these days. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, one more time. Great compils & great pleasure to see your art cover (with the Staple family).

    ReplyDelete