Monday, November 21, 2022

 Assorted Hillbilly & Country Recordings Vol 27

01. The Stanley Brothers - Man Of Constant Sorrow 
02. The Stanley Brothers - Orange Blossom Special 
03. Grady Martin & His Winging Strings - Pork Chop Stomp 
04. Dee Stone & His Virginia Mountain Boys - Pilot Mountain Rag 
05. Wanda Jackson & The Party Timers - My Baby Walked Right Out On Me
06. Jack Elliott - I Started Cheating Just In Time 
07. Carl Perkins - The Star Of The Show 
08. Benny Thomasson - Jack Of Diamonds 
09. Anita Carter - I Never Will Marry 
10. Allen Shelton - Allen's Dream 
11. Bill Monroe - Walking In Jerusalem 
12. Carl Mann - Wayward Wind 
13. Dolly Parton - The Bargain Store 
14. Dwight Yoakam - Rapid City, South Dakota 
15. Robbie Fulks & Joy Lynn White - Tupelo County Jail 
16. Jim & Jesse McReynolds - I'll Wash Your Love From My Heart 
17. The Louvin Brothers - The Drunkard's Doom 
18. The Louvin Brothers - Take The News To Mother 
19. Charline Arthur - Heartbreak Ahead 
20. Eddy Arnold - Hep Cat Baby 
21. Cowboy Jack Clement - Ballad Of A Teenage Queen 
22. Ed Chandler - One More Jack Daniels 
23. George Pegram - Old Joe Clark

6 comments:

  1. Hi Bob. Been watching these posts. This is where you left off on the other site. Enjoy your blog every day. Thanx!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi moze, yes I've now caught up. Tomorrow I'll be making a post on Juke Box City to notify about this.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the Stanley Bros. The banjo playing and the harmonies are superb!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Appreciate the Ramblin' Jack pic. What a time they must have had there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I missed seeing Ramblin' Jack Elliot live, he came to Australia in the mid 1970s as a support act for the Cat Stevens tour. However he wasn't advertised and I had little interest in Cat Stevens so didn't go to the Perth concert, then after some people told me there was this hillbilly/cowboy singer playing guitar and blowing harmonica in a rack, and that was Ramblin' Jack. Man, I was so sorry I missed that show.

      Delete