Sunday, November 27, 2022

 Assorted Best Of Country Blues Vol 06

01. Robert Johnson - I Believe I'll Dust My Broom          
02. Robert Johnson - Cross Road Blues                      
03. Mississippi Fred McDowell - You Gotta Move             
04. Blind Willie McTell - Statsboro Blues                  
05. Blind Willie McTell - Broke Down Engine                
06. Blind Willie McTell - You Was Born To Die              
07. Hambone Willie Newbern - Roll And Tumble Blues         
08. Jed Davenport - How Long How Long Blues                
09. Big Bill Broonzy - When Do I Get To Be Called A Man    
10. Sonny Terry & Brownie McGhee - Key To The Highway      
11. Blind Leroy Garnett - Louisiana Glide                  
12. Blind Willie Johnson - God Moves On The Water          
13. Blind Willie Johnson - Let Your Light Shine On Me      
14. Robert Petway - Catfish Blues                          
15. Sleepy John Estes - Working Man Blues                  
16. Sleepy John Estes - Easin' Back To Tennessee           
17. Big Joe Williams - Crawlin' King Snake                 
18. Pete McKinley - Mean Black Snake                       
19. Smokey Hogg - Crawdad                                  
20. Leadbelly - Black Betty                                
20. Smokey Hogg - Born On The 13th                         
21. Son House - Death Letter Blues                         
22. Sonny Terry & Brownie McGhee - Freight Train           
23. Sonny Terry & Brownie McGhee - That Good Old Jelly Roll

9 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stuff Bob. Keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not a bad one in the bunch, great comp Bob, Thanks, Mike.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep that's a mighty fine country blues collection, got to say so myself.

      Delete
  4. Xlnt comp thanks Bob. I'm building up some great playlists. I like the pic of Nina Simone. I saw her in the very late sixties and the pic reminds me of the experience. I had second row at the London Palladium and I could have taken that pic, if I had a camera!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Albert, I always liked Nina, she made some terrific recordings. She was very unique...blues, jazz, soul, pop...she could fit in anywhere.

      Delete
  5. Hi Bob , thanks for the invite and for this great compilation . Greetings from France . MarcFr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marc, nice to hear from you and glad you enjoy that country blues compilation. I hope you're looking here regularly because I have a super blues guitar compilation coming very soon, I'm sure you'll be interested in it.

      Delete